Come to Camp! We'll Do Our Best To Help
Farm & Wilderness has long been committed to making camp affordable for as many children as possible. Camperships (our term for financial aid) provide some assistance to families who cannot afford full tuition.
These grants supplement the amount paid by families and generally range from 10% to 30% of the total tuition. The campership program is open to people of any race, color, or socioeconomic background. The amount awarded is based on the financial need of each family as well as the availability of funds.
The campership awards given each year to registered families are chosen by a committee. The committee reviews all applications and determines how best to distribute the available funds. Depending on the volume of applications each year, it may not be possible to meet all requests for assistance.
How and when do I apply?
Once you have completed the registration process for one of our camp sessions, you are then able to complete a campership application. If you need assistance with submitting an application, please do not hesitate to call or email admissions.
I have applied, now what?
Admissions will submit your application to the committee for consideration. The committee will meet after each group’s application due date to decide how to distribute the campership funds available for that year. Each year the total requested amount has been more than we have available to give, so the committee works hard to make sure that each family’s needs are met as much as possible.
What happens after the committee makes decisions?
The admissions department will notify you by a mailed letter and a follow-up e-mail on the outcome of your campership application. If you do not receive a letter within one month of your application due date, please call us immediately. If the award amount listed meets the needs of your family, please call or write to us within 2 weeks of receiving your award amount to accept the award. We will then apply the award to your tuition balance. If the award is not able to meet the needs of your family, you may decide to cancel your registration. If you must cancel, please call admissions within that two week response period in order to receive a fully refunded deposit as we are not able to refund deposits or tuition payments after that time.
- Campership applications must be completed online by February 28th for returning overnight camp families, April 30th for new overnight camp families and May 30th for all day camp families. Applications received after those dates may not be considered.
- The campership application form is separate and in addition to the registration forms, and will include an upload of some form of tax documentation.
- Campers on a waiting list or with incomplete registrations will not be considered until registration is complete. All required forms, including camper profile and health history, along with a deposit are required to consider a camper fully registered for camp.
- Most assistance is offered for half summer sessions at overnight camp, or single sessions at the day camp. Full or multiple session applications may be considered, but are less likely to receive the full amount of requested aid.
- Families will be notified of award amounts within one month of their application due date, and have two weeks from that award notification to accept the award or withdraw registration. Deposits and any other funds paid towards tuition are entirely refundable within that two-week span, should a family need to withdraw their registration due to their award amount not meeting their needs. If the response is received after the two week response period, the deposit is non-refundable.
For information on retrieving your online account information, to ask about our camp programs, or if you have questions about our registration process, please call or email our admissions staff at any time Monday-Friday during the hours of 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.