August 14th & 15th, 2020 Fair Festivities
Save the date now for our annual Fair festivities happening August 14 & 15, 2020!
COMMUNITY DINNER – FRIDAY, AUGUST 14th
Current camper and staff families, alumni, friends, and neighbors are invited to attend the F&W Community Dinner the evening before Fair. The event begins with a 6 PM reception and 6:45 PM dinner. At 7:30 PM we will host a special interactive program to be determined.
If you have any questions please contact Jen Flaster at email@example.com or 802-422-2031.
The dinner will be at Farm & Wilderness: 401 Farm &Wilderness Road, Plymouth, VT 05056. RSVP is required.
FAIR – SATURDAY, AUGUST 15th
The Fair is an annual, old-time country fair done F&W style, with hand-powered rides, food, games, and concessions made by staff and campers. If this is your first year coming to Fair, you are in for a treat and if you’re a returning guest you know the magic this day holds! All visiting families, alumni, and guests will meet campers and staff for a fun day on the Fairgrounds. Join us for camp info sessions, visit specialty booths, watch performances and participate in the annual contra dance and fire lighting ceremony.
Please do not bring any pets on F&W property as we have livestock on our small, organic farm. Leaving pets in a car is not an option; please make arrangements in advance for your pets.
Look for F&W signage by the Killington Skyeship Lodge. Shuttles from the parking lot will run all day from 11am-8pm.
First time coming to the Fair? Here are a few suggestions on what to bring:
- Blanket and picnic lunch
- Swimsuit and towel
- Rain gear or umbrella
- Cash recommended for certain purchases (Farmstand and some food concessions)
FAIR SCHEDULE (All Times are Approximate)
- 11 am-8 pm: Shuttles to and from parking
- 11 am: Ticket sales begin. Tickets needed for rides, concession and non-cafe food. BDC Cafe & Farmstand are
- 12 pm: CAMPERS ARRIVE!! Gather at the Fairgrounds Bowl for the SAM Skit and the official start of Fair!
- 1-4 pm: FAIR! Concessions, rides, and activities open. Camper performances at the Fair Stage.
- 2-3:30 pm: CHAT WITH THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR at the BDC Meeting Circle
- 2-2:45 pm: Social Justice at F&W:Past, Present & Future
- 2:45-3:30 pm: What’s in the Future for F&W
- 3:15 pm: Lines for rides close. 3:30: Ticket sales end.
- 4 pm: Concessions close. Campers and staff eat with their camp; Alumni and families picnic on the Soccer Field (Sandwiches available for purchase – cash only).
- 5 pm: Contra Dance on the Soccer Field.
- 6 pm: FIRE LIGHTING Ceremony & Bonfire.
- 7 pm: Campers Return to Camps.
- 8 pm: Last shuttle departs for the Fair Parking lot.