August 10th & 11th, 2018 Fair Festivities
Save the date now for our annual Fair festivities happening August 10&11, 2018!
COMMUNITY BBQ DINNER – FRIDAY, AUGUST 10th
LOCATION FOR 2018: TBD
Current camper and staff families, alumni, friends and neighbors are invited to attend the F&W Community BBQ Dinner the evening before Fair. The event begins at 6:00 p.m. with a reception, dinner and short program, featuring F&W storytellers and a sing-a-long. Have a story to share? Contact [email protected] The dinner is open to all at no cost. If you have any questions please contact Erik Biornstad at [email protected] or 802-422-3761 ext. 221
FAIR – SATURDAY, AUGUST 11th
The Fair is an annual, old-time country fair done F&W style, with hand-powered rides, food, games, and concessions made by staff and campers. If this is your first year coming to Fair, you are in for a treat and if you’re a returning guest you know the magic this day holds! All visiting families, alumni and guests will meet campers and staff for a fun day on the Fairgrounds. Join us for camp info sessions, visit specialty booths, watch performances and participate in the annual contra dance and fire lighting ceremony.
Please do not bring any pets on F&W property as we have livestock on our small, organic farm. Leaving pets in a car is not an option; please make arrangements in advance for your pets.
2018 Fair Highlights
Typical Fair Schedule
- 11 am: Shuttle service begins, running all day every 15 minutes, from Fair Parking.
- 12 pm: Camps Parade, Welcome & SAM Skit
- 1–4 pm: FAIR! Concessions, rides and activities open
- 4 pm: Concessions Close
- 4:30 pm: Campers and staff eat with their camp; Alumni and families picnic on the Soccer Field (Sandwiches available for purchase)
- 5 pm: Contra Dance on the Soccer Field
- 6 pm: Fire Lighting Ceremony & Bonfire
- 7 pm: Campers Return to Camps
- 8 pm: Last shuttle departs for Fair Parking lot