August 11th & 12th, 2017 Fair Festivities
Save the date now for our annual Fair festivities happening August 11&12, 2017!
COMMUNITY BBQ DINNER – FRIDAY, AUGUST 11
NEW LOCATION FOR 2017: SKYESHIP BASE LODGE AT KILLINGTON
Current camper and staff families, alumni, friends and neighbors are invited to attend the F&W Community BBQ Dinner the evening before Fair. The event begins at 6:00 p.m. with a reception, dinner and short program, featuring F&W storytellers and a sing-a-long. Have a story to share? Contact [email protected] dinner is open to all at no cost. If you have any questions please contact Kim Gaines at [email protected] or call 802-422-3761 x229.
Skyeship Base Lodge is located on Route 4, 1 mile west of the intersection of Route 100 and Route 4 (about 3.5 miles from the F&W main entrance). The address is 7428 US-4 Killington, VT 05751.
FAIR – SATURDAY, AUGUST 12
The Fair is an annual, old-time country fair done F&W style, with hand-powered rides, food, games, and concessions made by staff and campers. If this is your first year coming to Fair, you are in for a treat and if you’re a returning guest you know the magic this day holds! All visiting families, alumni and guests will meet campers and staff for a fun day on the Fairgrounds. Join us for camp info sessions, visit specialty booths, watch performances and participate in the annual contra dance and fire lighting ceremony.UPDATE: Fair Parking at a New Location for 2017: Bear Mountain Parking Lot 972 Bear Mountain Road Killington, VT 05751.
Please do not bring any pets on F&W property as we have livestock on our small, organic farm. Leaving pets in a car is not an option; please make arrangements in advance for your pets.
2017 Fair Highlights
- BDC Flash Reunion – 1:30PM by the Fair stage
All current and past BDC campers, families and staff are invited to reunite at the Fair Stage after the BDC sings at Fair on Aug. 12.
- Alumni & Community Space by the BDC waterfront
Visit with friends to sing and share stories. Look through our archives and vintage Fair t-shirts. Participate in the F&W Community Quilt project.
- Meet the Executive Director – 2:00PM at the BDC meeting circle
Join Rebecca Geary for an informal chat including a discussion about our approach to social justice, including how we are responding to potential instances of cultural appropriation at the camps, including conversations about the Indian Brook name and Flying Cloud naming ceremony.
- Camp Info Sessions – 1:15-4:00PM near the BDC Barn
Interested in enrolling a camper for next summer? Curious about what our camps offer? Camp staff will be available to answer questions about each of our camps. A schedule will be posted at Fair.
Typical Fair Schedule
- 11 am: Shuttle service begins, running all day every 15 minutes, from Fair Parking at Bear Mountain Parking Lot 972 Bear Mountain Road Killington, VT 05751.
- 12 pm: Camps Parade, Welcome & SAM Skit
- 1–4 pm: FAIR! Concessions, rides and activities open
- 4 pm: Concessions Close
- 4:30 pm: Campers and staff eat with their camp; Alumni and families picnic on the Soccer Field (Sandwiches available for purchase)
- 5 pm: Contra Dance on the Soccer Field
- 6 pm: Fire Lighting Ceremony & Bonfire
- 7 pm: Campers Return to Camps
- 8 pm: Last shuttle departs for Fair Parking lot
*F&W WILL NOT BE HOSTING AN AFTER-FAIR RECEPTION FOR 2017