At Farm & Wilderness summer camps we focus on community, home grown fun and living closely with the natural world. Staff and campers have the woods, lakes and fields of central Vermont as their playground, classroom and home—this spectacular, natural setting provides the stage for the adventure of a lifetime.
What makes a great employee at F&W? What would we like you to do?
- Be yourself – smile, laugh, tell us if something seems wrong!
- Be responsible – take care of your campers and meet the safety guidelines!
- Come early and work hard – be a model for us and for other staff!
- Help us to follow our values
- Make friends with your co-counselors and support staff
- Share your passion – teach weaving, whistling, whittling to someone else!
- Be curious – ask questions of your colleagues and supervisors!
- Check in with your supervisor regularly
- Tell us when you need time for yourself
- Get dirty – take on barn chores, work projects, or something new like making mud pie!
- Join in with the kids – don’t just observe, participate!
- Challenge yourself – try something new so that kids can see adults doing it!